Bark is revolutionising the way people find professionals in over 1,000 unique categories. As the UK's largest and fastest-growing services marketplace, we're on a mission to make finding the right professional quick and easy. With a presence in eleven countries and plans for further expansion, joining us at this genuinely exciting time will be a journey like no other.
Our cutting-edge technology ensures that you can always find the best professional for any job. With a talented team of over 220 dedicated individuals, we're committed to providing exceptional service and ensuring that our customers are satisfied every step of the way.
This is an exciting time to join our scaling business, we recently ranked 64th in the Sunday Times 100 fastest growing private tech companies in 2023.
As a profitable scale-up, Bark is in a unique position to offer the best of both worlds; the excitement and agility of a start up combined with the financial security and backing of a renowned private equity firm, EMK Capital. You'll have ownership, agility, responsibility and stimulation without any of the worry.
About the Role
The Customer Operations Manager will play a pivotal role in supporting the Head of Customer Operations and Customer Experience function, delivering high-quality service to both sides of our marketplace - customers and professionals. This individual will own key functions of L&D, Quality Assurance, Trust and Safety within the department, responsible for driving change projects to support driving efficiency alongside high-quality service levels. The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of customer needs within our marketplace with a solid background in managing operations within Customer Experience environments.
- Driving change and projects to support efficiency and quality of service across the department
- Oversee and manage the implementation of customer operations strategies to ensure excellent customer experience and satisfaction
- Develop and implement the Trust and Safety sub-function alongside the Trust and Safety Manager responsible for growing our verification process, as well as hitting privacy targets
- Manage the Learning & Development sub-function to ensure our onboarding, recruitment and continuous learning processes are continually improving
- Working cross functionally with other departments to execute and deliver against mission initiatives
- Ownership and development of best in class quality assurance practices
- Management and development of customer feedback processes and insight alongside data to effectively develop solutions to problems we face
- Work with Leadership and Head of Customer Operations to implement key performance indicators and roll out changes.
- Management of the Customer Operations Manager through which Trust and Safety, Knowledge base and Quality Assurance is delivered
Required Skills and Experience (add desirable skills if necessary)
- Perks and At least 5+ years of experience in customer operations or a related function, preferably in a marketplace business model.
- Experience of driving change programmes within systems and processes specific to customer service
- Proven experience in managing a customer support team
- Experience in setting up operational processes and scaling customer operations in a high-growth environment
- Strong knowledge of customer service software, databases and tools
- Preferable experience using tools such as; Zendesk, Salesforce, Intercom
- Excellent understanding of management practices and techniques
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong desire to learn
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills, with a strong track record of team development
- Proven ability to manage complex projects and drive results
- Share options in a rapidly growing company whose founders have a proven track record and are Private Equity backed
- Flexible working policy with a central office in London
- Private health insurance run by Aviva including dental cover
- Personal annual L&D Budgets with £1,000 to spend on your development
- Enhanced Gympass membership for all employees with access to mental health courses and fitness classes
- Fully stocked kitchen and weekly team lunches
- Financial advisor
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular wellness weeks with industry leading talks through to massages in the office
- Being at the forefront of an industry with new and exciting problems to solve
- Screening Call with Talent Partner (30 mins)
- 1st Stage - Deep dive into leadership skills (30 mins)
- 2nd Stage - Technical discussion/task (60 mins)
- 3rd Stage - Values/Cultural interview (30 mins)
At Bark, we are a platform for people, revolutionising the way professionals and individuals connect since 2014. Our culture is defined by excitement, ambition, and a commitment to raising the bar. We value diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) and are dedicated to embedding these principles into everything we do. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, and our focus is on hiring, retaining and developing a globally diverse workforce that is passionate about excelling our platform and supporting our customers succeed. Be part of our dynamic team, where bold ideas thrive, and create a future worth shouting about.