Bark is revolutionising the way people find professionals in over 1,000 unique categories. As the UK's largest and fastest-growing services marketplace, we're on a mission to make finding the right professional quick and easy. With a presence in eleven countries and plans for further expansion, joining us at this genuinely exciting time will be a journey like no other.
Our cutting-edge technology ensures that you can always find the best professional for any job. With a talented team of over 220 dedicated individuals, we're committed to providing exceptional service and ensuring that our customers are satisfied every step of the way.
This is an exciting time to join our scaling business, we recently ranked 64th in the Sunday Times 100 fastest growing private tech companies in 2023.
As a profitable scale-up, Bark is in a unique position to offer the best of both worlds; the excitement and agility of a start up combined with the financial security and backing of a renowned private equity firm, EMK Capital. You'll have ownership, agility, responsibility and stimulation without any of the worry.
About the Role
We are in search of a recent graduate who is enthusiastic about establishing a successful career in sales. If you have a passion for growth, consider joining the Bark Sales team as a Business Development Representative.
This is a fantastic opportunity to cut your teeth in a young, high-energy and high-achieving sales environment with great opportunities for progression and growth. You will focus on prospecting potential new customers and helping qualify new leads for the wider sales and partnerships team. As the initial point of contact for numerous new Bark clients, your role holds the potential to significantly influence our growth trajectory. We are particularly interested in individuals brimming with energy, possessing a natural flair for sales, and eager to contribute meaningfully to our team's success. This is your chance to make a tangible impact and be a driving force behind our accomplishments.
- Acting as the first touchpoint US customers have with Bark, taking ownership of the positioning of the value can deliver
- Identifying potential customers and help create business opportunities
- Developing and maintaining customer relationships
- Managing your own lead list through a combination of tools including Salesforce
- Writing personalised outreach emails/messages to prospects
- Analysing the market and maintaining an evolving awareness of our competitive advantages
- Take ownership of conversion numbers
- Take an active role in the culture of process improvement that exists within the Bark Sales team by identifying opportunities for growth within your role and having the confidence to act upon them with support from the US Head of Sales
Required Skills and Experience (add desirable skills if necessary)
- Strong ambition to progress in a successful career in sales
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (internal and external)
- Tech-savvy - you can pick up our systems and software quickly
- Ability to multitask, handling multiple email enquiries, calls and admin
Perks and Benefits
- Share options in a rapidly growing company whose founders have a proven track record and are Private Equity backed
- Flexible working policy with a central office in London
- Private health insurance run by Aviva including dental cover
- Personal annual L&D Budgets with £1,000 to spend on your development
- Enhanced Gympass membership for all employees with access to mental health courses and fitness classes
- Fully stocked kitchen and weekly team lunches
- Financial advisor
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular wellness weeks with industry leading talks through to massages in the office
- Being at the forefront of an industry with new and exciting problems to solve
- Screening Call with Talent Partner (30 mins)
- 1st Stage - Deep dive into leadership skills (30/45/60 mins)
- 2nd Stage - Technical discussion/task (60 mins)
- 3rd Stage - Values/Cultural interview (60 mins)
At Bark, we are a platform for people, revolutionising the way professionals and individuals connect since 2014. Our culture is defined by excitement, ambition, and a commitment to raising the bar. We value diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) and are dedicated to embedding these principles into everything we do. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, and our focus is on hiring, retaining and developing a globally diverse workforce that is passionate about excelling our platform and supporting our customers succeed. Be part of our dynamic team, where bold ideas thrive, and create a future worth shouting about.