Are you looking for your next step after graduation? Look no further - Bark.com is expanding its Customer Experience team by adding recent graduates to assist and guide our professionals joining the platform. With constant opportunities to develop and learn, Bark.com should be your next stop.
Bark is revolutionising the way people find professionals in over 1,000 unique categories. As the UK's largest and fastest-growing services marketplace, we're on a mission to make finding the right professional quick and easy. With a presence in eleven countries and plans for further expansion, joining us at this genuinely exciting time will be a journey like no other.
Our cutting-edge technology ensures that you can always find the best professional for any job. With a talented team of over 220 dedicated individuals, we're committed to providing exceptional service and ensuring that our customers are satisfied every step of the way.
This is an exciting time to join our scaling business, we recently ranked 64th in the Sunday Times 100 fastest growing private tech companies in 2023.
As a profitable scale-up, Bark is in a unique position to offer the best of both worlds; the excitement and agility of a start up combined with the financial security and backing of a renowned private equity firm, EMK Capital. You'll have ownership, agility, responsibility and stimulation without any of the worry.
About the Role
Bark was voted the 6th fastest growing company in the UK (Sunday Tech Track 100 awards) and we show no signs of slowing down. With 100% YoY growth for the last 3 years, we’re breaking new records monthly and are consistently recruiting, looking for bright and ambitious people to join our rapidly growing business. We have the start up feel, with all the security of a hugely successful business.
We have an amazing company culture at Bark, where we invest in good people and talent is nurtured. We are looking for Customer Service Agent’s to join our team (no experience necessary). You’ll be the first point of contact for the professionals who use us and your role will be to ensure they understand how to make the most of the platform. We are looking for energetic and enthusiastic people with a flare for customer service and sales to come and make a difference to our team.
- Be a product & customer expert, assisting new and existing professionals with any queries that they may have
- Handle inbound calls from our valued professionals, ensuring each communication is positive, empathetic and solution-oriented.
- Onboard new professionals, getting them started and selling credits by showcasing the benefits of our platform and offering guidance to get them started successfully (all our sales are warm sales!)
- Talk with prospective professionals, discussing the various benefits of Bark and how we can help them grow their business.
- Handle the day-to-day team inbox (we use Zendesk). Promptly responding to enquiries and resolving issues with a professional-first mindset
We have different shifts to cover the different countries we operate in, so do require some flexibility. The business operating hours are 8:00am to 1:00am Monday to Friday and 8:00am to 11:00pm on Saturday and Sunday. If you work full time, you'll typically work one late shift and one weekend shift every few weeks.
Monday to Sunday:
- Early Shift: 9:00am to 6:00pm
- Late Shift: 3:30pm 12:00am (Paid Uber home from the office)
We are also open to alternative working patterns, so when you talk to one of our Talent Partners, ask them for more information.
Anyone working the late shift gets dinner provided on Friday night and a cab home provided by us as well as a premium for hours worked after 9:00pm.
Skills and experience
- Passionate about building strong rapport and providing exceptional customer experiences
- Confident and skilled in handling diverse queries, guiding them to positive resolutions
- Ability to multitask, handling multiple email enquiries, calls and admin
- Fluent spoken and written English, with a clear and confident communication style
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A driven and motivated self-starter with a great work ethic
Be willing to grow with us and learn all the CX foundations
- Opportunity to sell and make commission to enhance your base salary
- The ability to handle conflicts diplomatically and find resolutions that satisfy both the customer and Bark
Perks and Benefits
- Share options in a rapidly growing company whose founders have a proven track record and are Private Equity backed
- Flexible working with an office in central London
- Private health insurance run by Aviva including dental cover
- Personal annual L&D Budgets with £250 to spend on your development
- Enhanced Gympass membership for all employees with access to mental health courses and fitness classes
- Fully stocked kitchen and weekly team lunches
- Financial advisor
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular wellness weeks with industry leading talks through to massages in the office
- Being at the forefront of an industry with new and exciting problems to solve
At Bark, we are a platform for people, revolutionising the way professionals and individuals connect since 2014. Our culture is defined by excitement, ambition, and a commitment to raising the bar. We value diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) and are dedicated to embedding these principles into everything we do. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, and our focus is on hiring, retaining and developing a globally diverse workforce that is passionate about excelling our platform and supporting our customers succeed. Be part of our dynamic team, where bold ideas thrive, and create a future worth shouting about.