Bark is revolutionising the way people find professionals in over 1,000 unique categories. As the UK's largest and fastest-growing services marketplace, we're on a mission to make finding the right professional quick and easy. With a presence in eleven countries and plans for further expansion, joining us at this genuinely exciting time will be a journey like no other.
Our cutting-edge technology ensures that you can always find the best professional for any job. With a talented team of over 220 dedicated individuals, we're committed to providing exceptional service and ensuring that our customers are satisfied every step of the way.
This is an exciting time to join our scaling business, we recently ranked 64th in the Sunday Times 100 fastest growing private tech companies in 2023.
As a profitable scale-up, Bark is in a unique position to offer the best of both worlds; the excitement and agility of a start up combined with the financial security and backing of a renowned private equity firm, EMK Capital. You'll have ownership, agility, responsibility and stimulation without any of the worry.
About the Role
As an Accounts Assistant at Bark.com you will be at the heart of our financial operations, playing a pivotal role in driving our success in core Finance capabilities in the accounts payable, accounts receivable, expenses, bank and VAT areas. You’ll bring a strong work ethic, meticulous attention to detail, together with the ability to clearly communicate issues and work in a collaborative team.
This will be a varied and challenging role, so we are looking for someone who has
experience of working in finance for a fast paced, growing business that is trading internationally.
As our business goes from strength to strength this opportunity will offer genuine potential to grow with an exciting, growth company and be part of a team that is continually developing. We are an innovative, disruptive business, still at a relatively early stage, but with the financial security of an established company and top tier private equity backers.
- Data entry: recording financial transactions, such as invoices, expense claims payments, and receipts, into Xero accounting software, expense software and spreadsheets.
- Accounts payable: processing invoices from suppliers and payments to vendors into Xero accounting software, sourcing approval of invoices, and preparation of payment runs to suppliers.
- Credit cards: preparation of monthly credit card reconciliations.
- Expenses: processing expense claims into expense software and ensuring the accurate transfer of information to the Xero accounting software.
- Accounts receivable: processing and reviewing invoices to customers, including dealing with internal stakeholders to ensure timely payment.
- Bank reconciliation: Matching bank statements to accounting records to ensure accuracy, and being able to clearly articulate the reason for discrepancies.
- VAT/GST returns: assistance with preparation of VAT/GST returns in the various countries Bark operates.
- Efficiently managing the company Finance mailbox, promptly addressing incoming communications, and managing correspondences with internal and external stakeholders professionalism.
Required Skills and Experience
Exceptionally organised with a meticulous attention to detail
Proficient Excel skills
Track record of meticulous accuracy in Financial Data entry
Xero Software experience is advantageous
Naturally inquisitive, with a drive for continuous improvement
Be prepared to roll your sleeves up
Experience working for a fast-paced marketplace or technology company is advantageous
Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with a range of stakeholders across the organisation
Perks and Benefits
- Share options in a rapidly growing company whose founders have a proven track record and are Private Equity backed
- Flexible working policy with a central office in London
- Private health insurance run by Aviva including dental cover
- Personal annual L&D Budgets with £1,000 to spend on your development
- Enhanced Gympass membership for all employees with access to mental health courses and fitness classes
- Fully stocked kitchen and monthly lunches
- Financial advisor
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular wellness weeks with industry leading talks through to massages in the office
- Being at the forefront of an industry with new and exciting problems to solve
- Screening Call with Talent Partner (30 mins)
- 1st Stage - Task Stage (60 mins)
- 2nd Stage - Deep dive into career (60 mins)
- 3rd Stage - Values/Cultural interview with CFO (30-45 mins)
At Bark, we are a platform for people, revolutionising the way professionals and individuals connect since 2014. Our culture is defined by excitement, ambition, and a commitment to raising the bar. We value diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) and are dedicated to embedding these principles into everything we do. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, and our focus is on hiring, retaining and developing a globally diverse workforce that is passionate about excelling our platform and supporting our customers succeed. Be part of our dynamic team, where bold ideas thrive, and create a future worth shouting about.