Bark is revolutionising the way people find professionals in over 1,000 unique categories. As the UK's largest and fastest-growing services marketplace, we're on a mission to make finding the right professional quick and easy. With a presence in eleven countries and plans for further expansion, joining us at this genuinely exciting time will be a journey like no other.
Our cutting-edge technology ensures that you can always find the best professional for any job. With a talented team of over 220 dedicated individuals, we're committed to providing exceptional service and ensuring that our customers are satisfied every step of the way.
This is an exciting time to join our scaling business, we recently ranked 64th in the Sunday Times 100 fastest growing private tech companies in 2023.
As a profitable scale-up, Bark is in a unique position to offer the best of both worlds; the excitement and agility of a start up combined with the financial security and backing of a renowned private equity firm, EMK Capital. You'll have ownership, agility, responsibility and stimulation without any of the worry.
About the Role
The Sales Operations Manager will provide leadership and oversight to our enterprise and SME sales teams in the UK, US, ANZ and EMEA. Alongside our Sales Operations Analyst (direct report), this role will be instrumental in building sales operational excellence, supporting robust sales strategies and ensuring alignment with our overall business objectives. The ideal candidate should be an exceptional stakeholder manager, with a strong background in analytics, operational efficiency, and a proven track record in driving sales growth.
Optimising systems & processes:
Own our sales CRM systems (Salesforce) and ensure we are operating in line with best practices. Keep up to date with new tools and technologies available to enhance sales performances and build business cases to support. Work closely with local sales team leads to ensure that they have the necessary resources, tools, and training to effectively perform their roles.
Enhancing sales operations: Oversee daily sales operations, ensuring that all sales teams across the regions are aligned with the company's strategic objectives. Build out and refine processes to unlock efficiencies, enable sales best practices and delivery of strategic objectives. Review and amend our commission structures in line with business goals.
Deeply understanding our sellers: Utilise strong analytical capability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience and sales funnel management. Identify trends and insights, and optimise sales performance based on these insights through effective training and processes. Working closely with our Commercial analyst, analyse seller performance and churn to support commercial strategy build and delivery.
Owning data, reporting and forecasting: Develop key performance metrics and dashboards that help the sales organisation focus on performance drivers. Lead the sales forecasting process and establish high levels of quality, accuracy, and consistency in planning, forecasting and budgeting.
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable operational experience, particularly in a global sales organisation
- Proficiency in CRM software (Salesforce) and other sales tools
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses.
- Strong leadership skills, with a proven track record in managing diverse teams across multiple locations
- Prior experience with the digital marketing landscape is desirable
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Perks and Benefits
- Share options in a rapidly growing company whose founders have a proven track record and are Private Equity backed
- Flexible working policy with a central office in London
- Private health insurance run by Aviva including dental cover
- Personal annual L&D Budgets with £1,000 to spend on your development
- Enhanced Gympass membership for all employees with access to mental health courses and fitness classes
- Fully stocked kitchen and monthly lunches
- Financial advisor
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular wellness weeks with industry leading talks through to massages in the office
- Being at the forefront of an industry with new and exciting problems to solve
- Screening Call with Talent Partner (30 mins)
- 1st Stage - Hiring Manager Stage (30 mins)
- 2nd Stage - Technical Task (60 mins)
- 3rd Stage - Values interview (30 mins)
At Bark, we are a platform for people, revolutionising the way professionals and individuals connect since 2014. Our culture is defined by excitement, ambition, and a commitment to raising the bar. We value diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) and are dedicated to embedding these principles into everything we do. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, and our focus is on hiring, retaining and developing a globally diverse workforce that is passionate about excelling our platform and supporting our customers succeed. Be part of our dynamic team, where bold ideas thrive, and create a future worth shouting about.