Bark is revolutionising the way people find professionals in over 1,000 unique categories. As the UK's largest and fastest-growing services marketplace, we're on a mission to make finding the right professional quick and easy. With a presence in eleven countries and plans for further expansion, joining us at this genuinely exciting time will be a journey like no other.
Our cutting-edge technology ensures that you can always find the best professional for any job. With a talented team of over 220 dedicated individuals, we're committed to providing exceptional service and ensuring that our customers are satisfied every step of the way.
This is an exciting time to join our scaling business, we recently ranked 64th in the Sunday Times 100 fastest growing private tech companies in 2023.
As a profitable scale-up, Bark is in a unique position to offer the best of both worlds; the excitement and agility of a start up combined with the financial security and backing of a renowned private equity firm, EMK Capital. You'll have ownership, agility, responsibility and stimulation without any of the worry.
About the Role
We are looking for a Head of SEO to play a critical part of the Performance Marketing team and will be focused on finding revenue opportunities within the organic search area across multiple languages and geographies with a remit for both On-site & Off-site.
Within your first 90 days you will be expected to gain a deep understanding of the existing SEO issues, craft a clear optimisation strategy and deliver a roadmap for the next 12 months with justification of your recommendations using business metrics that demonstrate a clear return on investment.
- Implement SEO tactical plan with the Digital Marketing teams
- The line management and development of the wider SEO team
- Managing the overall SEO strategy and organisation of campaigns
- Expand the website to multiple new territories and ensure the site ranks high across search engines in all localities
- Be an all-round expert on on-page and off-page SEO: Link building, technical SEO, SEO audits etc.
- Performing SEO analysis and conducting technical audits across our site
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven experience as a Head of SEO or similar role with an international remit
- Strong understanding of Technical SEO, how to identify, fix or enhance issues to boost organic ranking potential and performance.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Confident with a range of analytical packages including GA, SEMRush, Heap and others
- Experience with SEO reporting
- Experience with link building / Digital PR
- Excellent communication skills with experience of communicating strategic initiatives to C-suite / Directors.
- Pro-active with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong organisational and leadership skills
- Relationship builder with team, other departments and external partners
Perks and Benefits
- Share options in a rapidly growing company whose founders have a proven track record and are Private Equity backed
- Flexible working policy with a central office in London
- Private health insurance run by Aviva including dental cover
- Personal annual L&D Budgets with £1,000 to spend on your development
- Enhanced Gympass membership for all employees with access to mental health courses and fitness classes
- Fully stocked kitchen and weekly team lunches
- Financial advisor
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular wellness weeks with industry leading talks through to massages in the office
- Being at the forefront of an industry with new and exciting problems to solve
- Screening Call with Talent Partner (30 mins)
- 1st Stage - Hiring Manager Interview (30 mins)
- 2nd Stage - CMO Interview (30 mins)
- 3rd Stage - Task Stage Interview (60 mins)
- 4th Stage - Values interview (30 mins)
At Bark, we are a platform for people, revolutionising the way professionals and individuals connect since 2014. Our culture is defined by excitement, ambition, and a commitment to raising the bar. We value diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) and are dedicated to embedding these principles into everything we do. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, and our focus is on hiring, retaining and developing a globally diverse workforce that is passionate about excelling our platform and supporting our customers succeed. Be part of our dynamic team, where bold ideas thrive, and create a future worth shouting about.